Northgate Markets Community Outreach Tabling
Help us reach vulnerable populations by volunteering in Latin-food grocery stores with MANA de San Diego. MANA is a partner site alongside the Chicano Federation and other local non-profits as part of the San Diego Latino Health Coalition. With our partner sites we will be volunteering at Northgate Markets to hand out PPE (masks) and flyers with COVID-19 resources.
If you are interested in tabling with MANA de San Diego we will be at Northgate 10 am - 2 pm NEXT DATE TBD, 1058 3rd Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91911.
- We will be asking for 2 volunteers for each shift.
- The first shift will be 10 am - 12 pm, the second 12 pm - 2 pm
Interested? Email Americorps@manas.org
Vaccination Tabling Opportunities
In efforts to expand COVID-19 vaccine outreach and education in our communities, MANA de San Diego volunteers are invited to table with San Diego County COVID-19 vaccination sites participating in Project SAVE.
Vaccination Site Information
- Mar Vista High School
- 524 Imperial Beach Blvd, Imperial Beach, CA 91932
- Hours: 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Please note vaccinations start at 9:30am but we encourage tabling to start at 8:30am because community members do show up early.
- Two shifts are available:
- 8:30am – 12:00pm
- 12:00 – 3:30pm
- Table and chairs WILL be provided at the site
- Laptops/tablets or materials will NOT be provided
- You must take your own electronics or paper system to sign-up members for vaccine appointments.
How to Sign-Up
- To register you must complete this training and read this manual.
- Contact Americorps@manasd.org only after finishing the online training. There are additional training over zoom on Wednesday's 10 - 11 am.
- Up to TWO people may sign-up for each shift
- Promotores/CHWs will receive confirmation and site details from Lizbeth Lopez following registration
- Promotores/CHWs will check-in with the vaccination site lead upon arrival
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
Campaign for Kindness
If you are only able to volunteer virtually, we can still use your help! Do you know of anyone who may be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine? Could you help guide them to the resources to make a vaccine appointment? Participate in our Campaign for Kindness! Contact at least five (5) friends, family members, or neighbors and walk them through our online campaign survey. The survey will help them determine if they are eligible, and where to go to make a vaccine appointment if they are!
Questions? Email: Americorps@manasd.org
Help us make vaccine appointments for those eligible with Project-Save! Project SAVE (Scheduling Assistance for Vaccine Equity) is a step-by-step-guide to help schedule COVID-19 vaccination appointments to eligible community members based on eligibility requirements outlined here.
Project SAVE is a pilot program that will allow local organizations to train volunteers to make appointments for those eligible in our community that might need assistance in scheduling their own appointments. At this time, due to vaccine demands there are limited appointments set aside for Project Save.