Changing the workforce and political conversations to include Latinas, click here to learn about the impact of MANA’s Latina Success Leadership Program
Applications close May 17th, 2021!
Latina Success Leadership Program (LSLP)
Taking aim at the glass ceiling.
Continuing the Latina journey to leadership.
The Latina Success Leadership Program (LSLP) was created in 2015 to address the issue of
under-representation of Latinas in leadership roles in both business and government. LSLP, in partnership
with the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), empowers Latinas through a series of dynamic sessions
focusing on professional and personal growth including leadership development, strategic networking,
effective personal branding, building resiliency, and increasing civic engagement.
Find information on the 2021 sessions below:
SESSION I: EMPOWERMENT
- July 10, 2021, 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
During this session, participants will explore their leadership journey and formulate a positive vision that will strengthen their ability and willingness to take purposeful actions toward their vision. They will gain greater self-clarity on their Latina identity and leave this session with short- and long-term goals connected to their personal vision as a leader.
SESSION II: MANAGING YOUR RESILIENCE AND COMMUNICATING CONFIDENTLY
- August 7, 2021, 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
In this session, participants will focus on two powerful ways to show up as their best selves.
1) Participants will learn practical tools for increasing their resiliency and managing their energy to be at their best.
2) Participants will focus on communication as it pertains to Latina women and leave with techniques for effective listening and communication.
SESSION III: PERSONAL BRANDING
- September 11, 2021, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
In this session, participants will focus on their ability to act and be their own agents taking action and control of their career. You will explore competencies that will build your sense of agency, confidence, and credibility focusing on your Personal Brand
SESSION IV: CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- October 9, 2021, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
LSLP closes with a civic involvement session. Participants will engage with high-level elected officials and leaders who will provide information on career choices and how civic involvement can add value to their career and life. Consultants will share their experiences and provide an activity to prepare you to engage on boards and commissions.
• Current or new MANA de San Diego member
• Employed with at least 5 years of professional leadership/management experience
• Currently a mid-level professional ready for the next career step
• Submit application by deadline
• A non-refundable program fee of $300.00 must be paid by June 03, 2021 if accepted into the program
• Payment plan available upon request
• Participants must attend all 4 sessions
• Participants must be MANA members dedicated to MANA’s mission to empower Latinas and LSLP Vision
To fund or underwrite an LSLP participant, please contact us at email@example.com
Reaching for Higher Education
Continuing efforts to support the professional development of Latinas, MANA de San Diego has partnered with National University, offering current MANA members a tuition discount in the pursuit of higher education. MORE